Thursday, September 4, 2008

Detective Costume

Hi this is just copied and pasted from my blog because I thought it's probably relevant =)

On the detective character:

He will need to be a hardcore, conventional, cliche, iconic detective man to make his identity/character type and hence the genre of the 'film' and what is going on in the narrative clear. Hence his costume will clearly be VERY important.

Images of Film Noir era detectives:
coming soon...

Detective Hat
We must have a good hat. Quick google search of 'film noir' presented me with the following images (these all taken from first two pages I believe):
........hat hat hat hat. We must have a hat like this!

Beige/Camel trenchcoat/raincoat
I think veeeery important. Second only to hat. See above 'detective hat' pictures, and most feature such a coat.

(eBay items).
-Angela

No comments: